Saturday 19 July 2014

Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth


Divergent (Divergent #1)

by Veronica Roth

It took me a while to finally begin reading the Divergent Series. I knew I would enjoy each novel and fall in love with the narratives. However, I decided to wait till the hype was hushed and then began the series. I am truly happy I did, I enjoyed this take on the Dystopian genre.

As a fan of this science fiction, dystopia genre I was interested in the way this story would pan out. At first I didn't enjoy the main protagonist names, as myself cringe at the name. So I smiled open heartedly at Tris becoming her name. 

I knew romance would be a recurring theme, especially with Tobias/Four, that was a given soon as Tris entered the Dauntless. I enjoyed how society was ranked into different categories that represent different strengths and personality traits. I believe in my opinion that the ending war seemed rushed to finish, but I bow down to the ease of not hiding blood and violence and making it known. Roth's writing is strong, which matches with the brave characters she holds well within this first installment. I am looking forward to reading Insurgent.

4.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment