Wednesday 19 March 2014

Requiem (Delirium Trilogy #3) by Lauren Oliver

Requiem (Delirium Trilogy #3) 

by Lauren Oliver

Again, I found myself having incredible difficulties in actually becoming interested in this third instalment. Similarly to Delirium, I found myself becoming bored with waiting for the action, drama and light within the book. Once it finally picked up halfway through it got interesting, yet rapidly fell again. I was expecting so much more from this book from what I got with Pandemonium, which was the best in the trilogy. 

I did enjoy minor factors within the novel and found myself becoming to like more characters. It was interesting reading from the perspective of both Lena and Hana, one foot inside and one foot outside. It shown how much society can affect you and how a place without love can be destroyed by those who believe. All in all, I actually did overall enjoy this trilogy although I did expect much more. I do honestly recommend in reading this trilogy, it was a steady read which fair enough became difficult and frustrating to get into. However, I did enjoy the trilogy all in all, if you fancy reading a science-fiction/ dystopia novel I do recommend giving it a chance.

3.5/5 stars

Lydia S Jones

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment